Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Recalculating

Sometimes you just don't know where it is till you get there, uh huh? Huh uh. Uh.

The newerfangled Newfangled Death -- that poetry collection I was supposed to be working on -- has mutated  several times and undergone extensive stem cell therapy since I last spoke of it. But like the mighty Frieza, I believe it's found its final form and is ready to fight suddenly blonde people.

So yeah, it's now a collection of short stories! And a couple poem/short story cross-breeds. Some are short, some are long, but all of them will love you equally. There's an overarching theme of death, but it ain't all doom and gloom. If you're familiar at all with the black humour and sad-smiles I seem to gravitate towards, this stuff shouldn't be too scary.

Looking at a total length of 7000-ish words. Still $1 price tag for eReaders or computer reading. I'd suspect early April somewhere. No foolin'! Print editions to come later, compiling a few of these kinda volumes -- probably both at Lulu and Amazon.

Now I need to run off and be a sickly recluse again. It's one of the perks of being a writer.

2 comments:

  1. I want a print copy of your book! I looove short stories and "black humour and sad-smiles". Have you ever read Tim Burton's "The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy"? I haven't, but I once saw it in my university bookshop and had a read of a few stories. I wanted to buy it then and there but I needed my money for textbooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray!

      I've been meaning to read that, but never got around to it. I will someday!

      Delete